Info

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The finger print scanner

I know that I discussed this topic a little bit with the new iphone that came out, but I recently had a discussion with a co-worker that made me see the finger print scanner in a slightly new way. Of course I had thought that the scanner is the perfect thing for logging in and gaining access to your digital devices, but what I hadn't really thought about were some of the other potential applications for the scanner. For instance you could use it with different fingers to activate specific programs or web pages on your computer or digital device. Lets say the web pages that your regularly visit are programmed to separate fingers so that if you scan your index finger you get your email account, if you scan your pinky finger maybe it would navigate to you favorite news site, I hadn't really thought about it in a way that you could use different fingers to activate different things. Maybe that program that you use most often whether it's a production style program or just a game could be launched just by the swipe of the finger. That is really an amazing advancement in navigation. First we had the mouse, then voice commands, and now finger print scanning has entered the fray. I don't know if the scanner on the iphone would let you do some of these things as well, but I can see a really great potential future for the finger print scanner and our digital devices.

No comments: